Thursday, June 24, 2010
Week 4 Future
In my personal career past I have been working in the restaurant industry as a server and bartender for many years. Working as an intern for Kennedy Design Build is my first actual real experience in the construction and design field. I plan on using my degree in urban planning and urban metropolitan studies to help the community in which I live be more environmental friendly and sustainable. My whole future will be focusing on green building and strong community/urban planning. My experiences so far here out at the Thunderbird site have been very insightful, I have been learning so much about LEED and the different stages of construction and restoration. The Tower that we are working on will be finished by the end of the year, I would love to work again with Kennedy Design Build on any other projects that come there way in the future. I would love to start my own business one day using green build and sustainable practices while also incorporating the wonderful world on design. There is not one thing that I dislike about the site, it is a wonderful project, beautiful campus, and I truly am working with a great crew and mentor. Skills that I have been brushing up on include my computer and writing skills. I have be preparing alot of documentation work to be submitted for the Untied States Green Building Council to approve and certify our project. I would absolutely consider working in an educational setting, I love learning and would help inspire others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment